Product Life Extension, Maintenance and Support
Thanks to a team of experienced, highly skilled service technicians and first-class equipment, Powell's testing and commissioning services ensure electrical safety and reliability.
Powell offers a comprehensive line of circuit breakers designed for direct replacement for most major manufacturers. Replacement breakers provide upgraded vacuum interrupting technology as a direct replacement to air magnetic circuit breakers.
- Compatible with your existing circuit breakers
- Meets or exceeds latest ANSI standards
- Direct roll-in replacement breakers
- Reduces maintenance costs
Equipment Modifications and Upgrades
Upgrading or modifying your existing equipment installation is a cost-effective, time-saving way to increase your system reliability demand and meet system design requirements.
- Control scheme upgrades
- Bus modification solutions
- Metering and relaying upgrades
- Interrupting rating level upgrades
Retrofit and Retrofill Solutions
Powell's retrofit and retrofill products provide a cost-effective alternative to complete switchgear replacement when time is critical. Powell Global Services can custom design a breaker cell assembly to be positioned inside of your existing structure, match your control scheme, and custom fit bus work to match your existing installation.
- Cost-effective alternative to full equipment replacement
- Minimizes equipment downtime
- Upgrade to vacuum breaker technology
- Perfect for emergency burnout
Bus Duct Repair, Replace, Refurbish (RRR) Services
The Powell Repair, Replacement and Refurbishment bus duct program keeps your operation competitive and efficient with the most up-to-date bus technology.
- Change-out of outdated equipment
- Custom designs to fit to existing equipment
- Fully integrated system components
- Specialty cubicles and accessories
Start-Up and Commissioning Services
Proper planning and professional execution are key to any successful electrical system start-up. Powell brings you decades of start-up and commissioning project expertise involving both Powell and non-Powell equipment.
- Factory-trained field technicians
- Supervision or turnkey start-up services available
- LV and MV switchgear and MCC services
- Pre-fabricated substation services
- Customized training programs
Breaker Life Extension Upgrade (BLEU)
Powell has a breaker life extension program that includes extensive teardown, cleaning, and inspection of your circuit breaker; along with installation of the latest technology upgrades.
- All upgrade services performed by authorized service technicians
- Upgrade services can be performed at our main location in Houston, Texas or at one of service centers located near you
- Helps to extend the life of your PowlVac and PowerVac medium voltage circuit breakers
Powell Training Academy
Equipment training provides a practical approach with brief classroom discussions followed by 'hands-on' practice. Each course is intended to stimulate further discussion for continued learning. Instructors are applications technologists, manufacturing specialists, and engineers, who provide a blend of diverse perspectives and real-world experiences.
- Choose a course from our catalog of training topics
- Customized courses can be developed to meet your specific training needs
- Classes conducted at any one of Powell's facilities
- On-site instruction at your facility can be provided with class materials provided and structured to fit your jobsite equipment and applications
Capital and Start-Up Spare Parts
Powell provides an array of spare and replacement parts for maintenance, start-up, commissioning, and emergencies. Our parts are manufactured with the same specifications as your original equipment, regardless of manufacturer - meeting all safety and reliability standards with a valid warranty.
- The right part, when you need it
- Customized spare parts agreements
- Reduce unexpected downtime
- Increased operating reliability
Powell provides on-site spare parts and consumables on demand. With our PowlPOD program we can customize any type of inventory you need, on-site, available when you need it.
- Easy to access spare parts inventory
- Only pay for what you use
- Inventory management by Powell
- Customized billing plans available